Easy Projects Update: Version 8.3.0
Our final release for the year 2012 is out. Here is what’s new in version 8.3.0:
Project Calendar View
A new Gantt-like chart was added to the Projects page. This chart plots all your projects and their milestones over a timeline, giving you an instant bird’s-eye view of the organization.
You can also use filters to narrow down your list based on a customer, portfolio or any other criteria.
Limited Access users are now Guest Users
To make Easy Projects more user-friendly, and to reduce possible confusion, we made a number of changes to the naming conventions and general functionality such as:
- Limited Access users are now called Guest Users;
- Customer representative(Customer – customizable access) and Supervisor are no longer built-in roles (can now be renamed or deleted);
- Customer Representative report is no longer available.
Other changes in version 8.3.0 are:
- Activity’s Current cost is now calculated as an aggregate of its sub-activity costs.
- UI changes on the Project and Activity Details pages for quicker user creation.
- Resource loading report now reflects whether the assignees have reported completion by clicking “I’m Done”.
Version 8.3.0 is available as a free upgrade to all hosted clients as well as in-house installations with a current 8.x license or a valid support package (Gold Subscription).
The next major upgrade will be version 9 (scheduled for release in 2013 Q1), so please make sure to subscribe to our newsletter or blog news to be notified when it’s released.
Vadim Katcherovski is the CEO of Logic Software Inc. based in Toronto, Canada. He has over 20 years of experience in the IT industry and has managed dozens of software development projects.