Our final release for the year 2012 is out. Here is what′s new in version 8.3.0:
Project Calendar View
A new Gantt-like chart was added to the Projects page. This chart plots all your projects and their milestones over a timeline, giving you an instant bird′s-eye view of the organization.
You can also use filters to narrow down your list based on a customer, portfolio or any other criteria.
Limited Access users are now Guest Users
To make Easy Projects more user-friendly, and to reduce possible confusion, we made a number of changes to the naming conventions and general functionality such as:
- Limited Access users are now called Guest Users;
- Customer representative(Customer – customizable access) and Supervisor are no longer built-in roles (can now be renamed or deleted);
- Customer Representative report is no longer available.
Other changes in version 8.3.0 are:
- Activity′s Current cost is now calculated as an aggregate of its sub-activity costs.
- UI changes on the Project and Activity Details pages for quicker user creation.
- Resource loading report now reflects whether the assignees have reported completion by clicking “I′m Done” .
Version 8.3.0 is available as a free upgrade to all hosted clients as well as in-house installations with a current 8.x license or a valid support package (Gold Subscription).
The next major upgrade will be version 9 (scheduled for release in 2013 Q1), so please make sure to subscribe to our newsletter or blog news to be notified when it′s released.